Public speaking and presentation skills in English
The objective of this training course is to master the keys to successful public speaking and to provide participants with the competences required to deliver effective presentations in English. This highly interactive program includes a variety of learning processes and techniques in order to ease communication in English: presentations and individual feedback, exchange of views/experiences, strategies to manage your anxiety.
Participants should be able to make short interventions in English and will be expected to prepare a couple of presentations for the course.
What is a good speaker? Understand the keys to successful delivery
- Power vs. Authority vs. Charisma
- How to deal with stage fright and rein in your emotions
Analyze your strengths and weaknesses. Understanding your personal style
- Video exercise: 5-minute presentation
- Feedback from the group
- SWOT analysis
- What is your perception of your qualities / weaknesses in communication?
- Are you aware of the opportunities and threats you are faced with?
- Your communication style: Bolton and Bolton Social Styles Questionnaire
- Determine your communication style and identify that of your customers
- Are you compatible, if not how to adapt?
Customised training exercises
- 4 Steps Reading Exercise
- Using the 4 tools of the trade: Gestures, Eye Contact, Pauses, Enthusiasm
The art of storytelling: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
- Planning with MindMap
- Highlighting the main points
- Attention grabber, action driven conclusion
- Structure: AIDA - Past, Present, Future – Problem, Cause, Solution…
- Video Exercise
Facing the audience - Objections handling
- Everything can be resolved in communication
- Types of objections
- What are you afraid of?
- Active listening – Use customers’ own words
- Video Exercise
Trainers toolkit for effective presentation
- Engaging the audience
- Techniques to manage your anxiety
- Useful expressions in English for presentations
Participants will use video media from the area of politics, business and entertainment as material for analysing the characteristics of professional speakers and the techniques they use.
Afin de mobiliser les participants, de multiplier les échanges et de faciliter l’assimilation des connaissances, cette formation alterne exposés théoriques et applications pratiques / cas concrets / travaux sur ordinateur.